I am thrilled to tell you about an amazing and adventurous WA Engage supporter. In June, Don Backman will be kayaking from Olympia to Anacortes to raise awareness of human trafficking and funds for our organization! Check out Don's You Tube "promo" video.
If you would like to help send off Don with our well wishes, he will be departing from Boston Harbor at 2pm on Monday, June 13. Don’s wife, Lynda, will be following by car and meeting up every evening at appointed campsites.
Here is his planned itinerary (subject to change):
- Monday, June 13: Depart Boston Harbor, Olympia. Overnight at The Fishing Pier Park (east side of Fox Island).
- Tuesday, June 14: Salt Water State Park (near Des Moines)
- Wednesday, June 15: Fay Bainbridge Park (east side of Bainbridge Island)
- Thursday, June 16: Meadowdale
- Friday, June 17: Kayak Point
- Saturday, June 18: Ala Spit (near Deception Pass)
- Sunday, June 19: Anacortes (near the marina).
We have created a special Donation page for Don's journey. Be sure to follow his adventure on WA Engage Facebook and, from all of us, thank you for your support!